https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Hopper's Light, 8x10 inch Acrylic by Kelley MacDonald



Well, it's the 1st of the month, and that means Girls Just Wanna Paint!  This month Mary Sheehan Winn chose the theme "Paint Like A Famous Artist".  I was stumped, stymied and s-l-o-w.  I've always loved Hopper, and his bare, lonely lighthouse paintings, so here we are.  I'll tell you trying to copy another artist's work is so much more difficult than doing it yourself!  But I do learn, every single time I do things like this.  This speaks to me of every lighthouse I've visited.  Especially Maine, where Hopper took a lot of inspiration.  I love everywhere he painted.  Anyway, it's an 8x10 on gallery wrapped canvas (no need to frame).  I can't ship it till after our monthly meeting on the 6th, so bear that in mind!  Stay safe if you're in hurricane areas!

1 comment:

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails