https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Monday, January 6, 2014

Golden Angel, 8x6 inch Acrylic Painting by Kelley MacDonald




Well, this is what I get for continuing to paint after the sun goes down - the photograph is all crazy with it's colors!  the angel is actually dressed in a orange-gold robe, and the background is more bright turquoise!  I will change up the photo on the blog in the morning… I post at almost midnight, so no sun here!  See the difference, below, in color between night and day photography!

This is an Angel Ornament on my friend's tree.
I apologize to my subscribers who aren't Angel fans.  As a painter I wanted to explore another subject, one that is not, cannot be, literal.  So far they've all been acrylic, but that's mostly because I have them out!
Thank you for all your notes telling me about your enthusiasm for Angels.  Please feel free to send me inspirational images!  I'm happy I'm keeping up with the 30 Paintings In 30 Days Challenge!!!  You should check out the hundreds of other artists who have been participating HERE!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful illumination in this angel, Kelley. That is as it should be! Makes a pretty ornament too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one as well. I'll keep a look out for some for you. And really, what were we thinking?? day seven and i'm getting a bit weary, not from the painting but from Lil Suz who is being such a brat!! Thank goodness for MF!!! Paint on girl! love the angels

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails