https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Brushes With Greatness (In Hopes), 6x6 Inches, Oil

SOLD
This month, the Girls Just Wanna Paint Challenge was "Tools Of The Trade".  I worried that everyone would think like me and paint brushes - not so!  It's an exciting month, and includes our two new members - so check it out HERE!  Of course you know how thrilled we'd be if you subscribed to that blog, or commented on it, or became a 'Follower'!  It's all good!

I tried to stay loose with this - I've painted my brushes before, and I'll tell you - it's hard to let those paintings go!  I will probably put this up for sale after our meeting this coming Friday - I like to hold them out so we can all see them in person.

I'm taking the smallest little breaks from painting - my anniversary (35th!) is this month, and we are treating ourselves to a couple of nights away, and our KIDS (this is still amazing me) gave us a couple of nights on Nantucket last week.  For real!  How fabulous is that?  Be well, all... I'll post 'em as I paint 'em!

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous painting, you really gave life to these brushes !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful brushes that would inspire an artist at every glance. I've wanted to visit Nantucket ever since I first saw bits of the island on Wings. Happy anniversary and have a wonderful time, Kelley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your post. Congratulations on 35 years! It's a rarity these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dark background really sets off your "tools of the trade" well. Like a nice can of flowers. Checked out the other entries. What a wonderful group of artists.
    Happy 35th! I just celebrated my 29th. Lovely gift from the kids. Have fun with your man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great painting, and I especially like the background. Thanks for sharing your beautiful array of brushes with your adoring fans. Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and happy anniversary. Your kids are great! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary to you and your hubby....Nantucket is a wonderful place to get away...how nice of your kids to give that to you guys..glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A painting with lots of personality! Love it!
    Happy 35th Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this one, so impressive! Happy anniversary to you two, and best wishes for lots more to come!

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails