https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Monday, October 4, 2010

Carrot Cake Cupcake, 6x6 inch Original Painting by Kelley MacDonald


One of my artist friends from the West Coast, Susan Roden, who has been playing "Donut Wars" with me through the Summer, has thrown down a new gauntlet.  Literally, she has flung frosting at me!  (Fortunately I am 1) far, far away and 2) a really good hider!)  But for the next few weeks anyway, we have challenged each other to a Cupcake Fight!  A la Lucy and Ethel, I'm afraid.  But today at Walker's Roadside Stand there were these little (not) cupcakes, and I thought they were chocolate... yum.  When I ordered one, however, I was told they were Carrot Cake.  Hmmmm... well, my son Rory will eat this one.  
I cannot tell you how hard it is for me to paint these cupcakes.  Frosting is so... amorphous.   This one at least had directional lines. :)  I'll let you know if it was good.  
And this week I will be beginning to teach during the day at my studio.  If you're interested, you can email me!  I'm keeping the class small, but there's still room.

10 comments:

  1. Yummy! So simple yet so effective. Love the red in the shadow too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly your frosting looks lush, and yummy! Happy teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I could just pick this right up for a big bite! love this thick 3D effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! A carrot cupcake... how healthy. Who would ever believe that by how lush it looks Kelley? What a pile of frosting.

    Serving cupcakes as snacks for your students?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! It looks good and the frosting swirls are beautifully painted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quebrada in Arlington and Wellesley makes the most outrageous and outrageously delicious cupcakes. If I am near there I will pick you up one and I wonder, would coconut be too much on top of the frosting. These are the quintessential 2000 calorie cupcakes, but they have mini's too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The frosting is PERFECT! I love this -

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your frosting, but mostly the paper on the side...can't wait to see what the new war brings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, I love it that you think a carrot cake cupcake is 'healthy'! Sort of blows the popular opinion that Californians are all health nuts right out of the water! THANK you guys for your great comments - I SO appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That frosting is too good! That creamy color and texture makes me want to run out the door to the nearest Bakery.

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails