https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Monday, September 20, 2010

Spearmint Trio, Original Oil Painting by Kelley MacDonald



I've painted these candies before, but I really feel that doing the same subject a few times makes you 'know' it better.  Once agin, my Dad's birthday reminded me of these, as he always had a few tucked in every jacket pocket.  I miss him very much, and hope that somehow he sees and enjoys this painting!

I'm off for a week of painting on the Cape - lucky me - but I'll share what I do, probably by Wednesday I'll have some studies and plein air pieces to share.

6 comments:

  1. Kelley, This one is is really nice! I love the colors, and the orange background peeking through!
    Great composition too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet. Know your father sees and loves this!! I quite like the lavender background with the mint green. Have fun painting on the Cape!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy trails Jelly Queen! (I'm leaving for a long weekend too, to paint pastries -oh, la, la! - in Albuquerque.) Can't wait to see your plain air studies.

    Love the candy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the brushwork on these. I hope you have a great week of painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love this one. You can tell that is was done with your heart. Funny what memories candy can stir up. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails