https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Think Outside The Box!





At the North River Arts Society, they have a fun event that's coming up.  Artists get an 8x8 inch square of foamboard and they have to think Outside The Box (or OTB) when they make a piece of art on it.  The pieces are not signed, rather they are assigned a number, and throughout August people can bid via Silent Auction on them.  So I was working on mine, and there's NO WAY I'm putting it up here, but I'll show you my brainstorm pieces - and my submission is inspired by one of these.  

The Opening is open to the public (and a good time will be had by all, I assure you!) and is the 7th at 7 p.m.   Join us if you can!

Also:  below, my Ammo For The Donut Wars:


Happy Birthday to my son, Conor!  

15 comments:

  1. I love your brainstorm pieces, Kelley. I especially like the one at top with all the beautiful colors. You have a great feel for abstracts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pieces are wonderful! I know yours was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you will win! I really like your depiction of the fabric, and like the red peeking through. Nice painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy...thinking outside the box & fighting a donut war. Love all the pieces, can't wait to see the final painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pieces Kelley! Best of luck! Happy B-day to Conor as well. A family member shares the same name. I love that name. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm....very interesting pieces Kelley. Can't imagine what the finished piece is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful paintings! Your abstracts have energy and beautiful colors! Good luck!

    I continue to love the Donut War of 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the abstracts - isn't it fun! Know you will prevail on the donut wars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys - I didn't even THINK about the stacked donut boxes and the title of this post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh oh... ammunition. Think I may be in trouble. Better gear up my arsenal. (what in the world are in the boxes?)
    What's tomorrow going to bring Kelley?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see what your piece will be Kelley.
    Your donut wars have me cracking up and I am not surprised that you now have ammo!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool/fun event...love all of your pieces.

    So relieved to see you've stocked up on D-Ammo. This could get ugly, as in stomach aches,lethargy and the desire to act like Barney Fife.
    But beautifully painted! I like the way the boxes are echoed in the squares of the table cloth. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kelley, I somehow missed this post! I love these abstracts, and would love to see your final piece for the exhibit! However, I know that you did a great job! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated birthday to Conor, Kelley!

    I like the abstract pattern of the first one.

    OTB sounds like a fun idea. You better show us your submission when it's done!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails