https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dreaming Of Venice, Oil, 12x6 inches

I'll come clean... I've never been to Venice.. YET.  It's on my own personal list of Places I Need To Go. Monet loved it for it's light, so I can't imagine not falling in love with it myself.  My son Conor has been, however, and he shared his photos with me.  I don't normally paint from photos.  But I was so inspired by some bloggers I saw this morning I thought I'd give it a try!
$100 & $10 s&h via PayPal

11 comments:

  1. It's a nice painting of Venice, we seem really look over the narrow channels..

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks so nice- you should go! I like these- they look a little like two shoes going to town...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and I like the long narrow format.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Job. Like the wharf/sail boat, this looks like it could be the subject of a print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll see Venice in person one of these days, Kelley!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh super, what a nice birds' eye view. The light pouring into the canal is lovely, Kelley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The light streaming into the canal is beautiful! I like the format, too. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so nice, Kelley. Beautiful composition, so simple, and so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful, Kelley - painted as if you were there. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice composition and lovely subtle coloration.
    I was in Venice a looooong time ago...like, 22, 23 years ago?! OMG I'm old.

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails