https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Saturday, August 15, 2009

One Tomato, Two Tomatoes, 6x6 Oil

SOLD

Thanks so much guys, for your support of yesterday's post - I had responses immediately (and a sale!). I will continue to play and learn with more of that texture and transparency painting. Today, though, a set of little tomatoes from our garden. I loved the light shining through the tomatoes, and their long, curling ... what are those things near the stem? First I painted the background too warm - it didn't let the tomatoes have the 'spotlight' so much.

The next post will have a step-by-step series of images... maybe you'll enjoy that - I enjoyed thinking about it and doing it!

13 comments:

  1. You have tomatoes already!!!! nicely done and congrats on the sale..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! It's only been a week but I missed your posts! Wonderful painting . . . can't wait to see your progressive steps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these tomatoes! Also congrats on your new direction - was very striking and impressive. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kelley,

    Love the tomatoes! I eat so many of those and yours are so yummy looking!
    Wow.... missed yesterday's post! I love, love the painting girlfriend. Thank you so much for mentioning me..... you made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great painting, Kelley - are they Juliets? Congrats for your sale of the previous post's painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are a total rock star-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tomato, to-mato these are terrific! Congrats on the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Pat, and Myra! Rhonda and Pam - I held my breath while I was doing the leaves! Debbi, that's so nice coming from YOU! Anytime, Manon, you're the inspiration here! You know, Edward, I think they are NOT Juliet's because I would have remembered that name... (can't remember the actual name, though!). Gracias Sal and Jo-Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tomatoes Kelley, love them. Our garden was a bust, not many tomatoes. Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kelly, I love the brushwork in this little gem! Enjoyed your post of the dog bones painting from beginning to end, too.

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails