https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Friday, January 9, 2009

Me & My Baby, Oil 8x6

The title here can go different ways - referring to the woman and her dog, or the dog and his owner... or the dog and her doll. Fresh from the doggie restroom, this long legged lady, quite chic-ly dressed for a the dog show, gave a long leash to her baby, a young mastiff. And very pet-like, the dog HAD to carry it's 'baby' around. I think it calms the dogs in this crazy, hundreds of new doggie scented place, to have something from home. A nearby crate of pugs had two pugs curled up in donut-type beds on top - no leashes! Their ownder said as long as they had their beds they were not inclined to wander off into the jungle of other dogs.

Unrelated story to go with the mastiff painting... Once I was walking in downtown Hingham, and this shopkeeper had her mastiff laying on the sidewalk while she sat outside enjoying the sunshine. As I walked by I said to my husband - "That's the biggest Pug I ever saw!" The lady pursed her lips and rolled her eyes - I think my brand of humor is restricted to a very small segment of humanity...;)

On to art... this is a 3rd attempt at getting this scene. Two wipe offs - although the dog I got on the 2nd try. So even though sometimes these Daily Paintings are short work... sometimes it's a total day's work.

8 comments:

  1. Kelley, Wonderful painting! Your earleir attempts were worth it! I love this! You've really captured the energy and movement of the walking woman and her dog! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such a good one, touchdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hear, hear! I want to chime in with Nancy and Amy - that dog is too cute, and you really captured a great moment. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the attitudes of both the dog and his owner and the spontaneity of the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelley, KEEP PAINTING THE DOGS!!! I can tell from your paintings that you love painting dogs. There is an honesty to your dog paintings that really stands out, you "get" them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate that, Nancy, sometimes you just want to walk away from a painting, but this one held me! merci, Amy... Edward, thanks, this goofy dog was so adorable! Thanks, Karen! And Paula and Nina - I really appreciate your commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails