https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Monday, September 29, 2008

Lemons In Blue, Oil, 6x6


This is my renewed goal:  to paint & post each weekday.  I know some people post 7 days a week but I think I'll still be able to improve my paintings if I do 5.  These lemons were in a square blue bowl, and while I painted them I was trying to keep in mind my lessons from my Carol Marine Workshop.  So it may look a little 'Carol Marine-y', but as I absorb the lessons, my own style (?) will come through more.  As it is, I can't help but slather on the paint.  And I love dragging the little bits of color with the brush when it isn't completely mixed on the palette. And to all you bloggers who love Carol's work - you should take her workshop - she is completely grounded in terms of solid foundation work, and you WILL benefit from her lessons.  (And can I just say here that I'm completely in love with NM and Santa Fe area in particular?????)

6 comments:

  1. It looks great. Very well composed. Nice brushwork. I can't wait to get my tutorial ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would like to take one of her classes. I looked at her actual website and was blown away by her big paintings. Looks like you had a blast but gained some valuable info in the process...a win/win! Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelley, I found your blog through a comment you made on Carol Marine's blog. I'm SO glad I did and will be back again. Thank you SO MUCH for posting all the pictures and words about your process during the workshop. Pinecone painting: AMAZING, GORGEOUS. Your brushwork has a wonderful texture and look to it. I look forward to seeing more of your work and your progress! You have a fan in Cleveland, OH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great painting, love the colors and the composition, you are on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this one looks great- completely blown away by how you've modeled those lemons so well and yet they have those wonderful broad brushstrokes... awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just thinking this looked Carole Marine-ish, and then I read your posting! Well mission accomplished. I definitely see a wonderful looseness in your most recent work. I am still madly in love your flowers! They are so lush. I feel like I could touch them....Of course Claire oohs and ahhs over the pink ones!

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails