https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Friday, April 25, 2008

White Rose, 6x8 oil


I love the challenge of a rose, and this one is gorgeous - the inner folds are creamy pinky-orange (how's THAT for technical color names?).  I concentrated more on the rose than the glass, though maybe I should have spent more time on the reflections, etc.  Daily Paintings are wonderful exercises for the eye, as is plein air painting.   Now that the weather is good, I'll get more of THAT in!  Enjoy the day!

1 comment:

  1. Roses (not to mention white roses!) are very challenging to do ... good job on this! I love the subtle color, and the refraction of the stem going into the water.

    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails