https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Friday, August 17, 2007

Cactus Pear Margarita, Anyone? 6x6 Oil

Last night my husband brought home deliciously ripe cactus pears from the Fruit Center Marketplace in Milton. They're hard to find where we live, and it was such a treat. Just slice the very top off and scoop out the sweet plum-like fruit for a nice portable snack, OR.... make margaritas with them! I was playing with quick, thick paint here, not fussing if my outlines remained. I think the effect is fun, and, I hope, happy.

3 comments:

  1. I think I recognize the plate from another painting. Love it. Simple and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I only have a zillion props. I must use the same ones over and over, Mary!!

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails