https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Monday, July 9, 2007

Garden Roses, 5x7, Acrylic

When is a rose NOT just a rose? When you've been cultivating them for 3 years, through plagues of bugs, black rot and mildew! These babies are killers for scent (the yellow ones) and elegance. To top things off we (and here I mean HE) painted the back door a gorgeous purple - the Chinese say a purple door invites good fortune. Anyway I put my roses up against it and it begged to be painted. I think oils would have been great, too, but it's very hot and humid, so I wanted a quick clean up!
Well, I've been struggling since I've gotten back, to paint my 'Dailies'. Everything came out wrong. Of course, I was also getting ready for the Plein Air Show I'm in at Gallery 297 this month in Bristol, RI. I have nine pieces hung there, plus the "Oil on Water" show - I'll post the painting from that on my studio blog. So I've been framing and carting things around, and it's been a plethora (!) of birthdays, and I'll always be ready to celebrate a birthday! So LIFE has been hectic, but with all good things, and now I'm back in the saddle, so to speak ;)

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. Love the purple background.
    Glad to have you back and you've lost none of your abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Especially the colors...

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails